I made some chocolate chip cookies the other day, when it was humid, I did not have a chance to refrigerate them long enough and they came out flat.
I am sure they tasted fine, but they did not look presentable. So I decided to make them into a truffle filling and put it between two chocolate cake layers and frost with chocolate buttercream frosting. You can use Oreos, nutter butters, nilla wafers or whatever kind of cookie you want. And you can leave the marshmallows out of the filling if you want as well.
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 instant chocolate pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray two round cake pans with baking spray
- Combine cake mix, eggs, oil, water, pudding mix, and Greek yogurt. Mix with a spoon until just combined
- Divide evenly between cake pans.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center basically comes out clean.
Cookie truffle filling ingredients
- Cookies, 2 cups ground
- 1 stick butter,melted
- 6 large marshmallows (microwaved for 40 seconds in microwave safe bowl)
Directions – grind cookies fine in food processor.
Add butter and melted marshmallows.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbs vanilla
Cream butter. Mix in melted chocolate. Slowly, blend in powdered sugar, cocoa and vanilla. Blend in heavy cream. You can add more cream if you want a thinner frosting.
Place one cake, top side down, on cake plate
Spread filling on top
Place second cake round, flat side down, on top of filling.
Frost with buttercream
Sprinkle with extra truffle topping
Store in covered container.