These cookies are to celebrate the NHL debut of Owen Power, the Sabres top overall pick last year. I’m pretty excited to see him play at the NHL level, after watching him play at Michigan. The Sabres have had a tough go the last few years, but I love our coach and the guys we have now after some moves. I think the team is heading in the right direction. Here’s hoping!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup crisco
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3.4 oz instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups flour (scooped from your flour bag into your measuring cup)
- 1/4 cup bread flour (scooped from your flour bag into your measuring cup
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 1-2 tbs heavy cream or milk
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions – cream butter, Crisco, butter, brown sugar and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Blend in pudding mix. Fold in remaining dry ingredients. Mix in chips. Scoop out 1/4 cups of dough. Chill. Preheat oven to 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Line a cookie sheet with nonstick baking liners. Stagger cookies on sheet (alternating a row of 2, a single dough, a row of 2, a single dough, etc. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Cool completely.
Thank you for stopping by today! Hope you have a wonderful day!